Democrats in block letter Republicans in bold italics
Some important notes about these ratings:
- 20 Senate votes covering the subjects of legal reform, education, women’s reproductive rights, regulation of firearms, environmental issues, election “reform,” tax and budgetary matters, redistricting and privatization of government services were used to determine these scores.
- No committee votes were used nor were co-sponsorships of bills although the Political Hurricane will have a full report and scorecard on this before we issue letter “grades” for the 2011 & 2012 sessions.
- Similar to ADA or ACU ratings for the Congress, several partisan tinged votes were considered. These include votes both sessions on the budget.
- We will be formatting this chart and the ratings in a more aesthetically pleasing manner in the near future and storing them on the ratings & endorsements page of this website
- Prior to the start of the next session, the Political Hurricane will likely access vote archives to create ratings for previous sessions and thus lifetime ratings for current legislators.
- Senators were scored only on votes cast. Senators were not penalized or credited for missed votes. Also note that Audrey Gibson served only in 2012 replacing Tony Hill who resigned.
- We will make every effort to reprint the votes at some point in the ratings section but at this point in time it is not possible without some volunteers. If you would like to input data please email firstname.lastname@example.org