It seems like we are writing multiple posts a day about the state of the race, so here is the latest update.
- Allison Tant has received the support of all of the NW Florida counties except Okaloosa which has endorsed Alan Clendenin. I’m told Holmes County however has not committed to Tant, despite being included in Tant’s release.
- Tant has secured many commitments from Central Florida while Clendenin picked up several from the counties surrounding Tampa.
- Palm Beach County State Committeeman John Ramos is the subject of much intrigue today. He signed an endorsement for Clendenin just two days ago but now apparently is supporting Tant.
- The Dolphin Democratic Club in the Broward County, the most active and influential grassroots LGBT partisan group in the state has endorsed Clendenin.
- According to a tally sheet from Jon Ausman, whose outstanding 20-year track record of numbers crunching and knowing party rules speaks for itself, Clendenin is 77% of the way to the necessary votes for chair based on commitments whereas Tant is 59% of the way there. The rest of the votes are uncommitted. (This tally includes Ramos in the Tant column)
Both Tant and Clendenin are expected to speak tonight at the Palm Beach DEC meeting in Delray Beach.